14th Annual MAS Bay Area
Back to School Backpack Drive
For the last 13 years, MAS Bay Area has been providing backpacks full of school supplies to local children in the child welfare system. We have since expanded to include migrant children, refugees, victims of domestic violence, and children who are otherwise disenfranchised.
For $11, you can provide basic supplies for a child to start school with new items, like her classmates. She will get the confidence and belonging that comes with knowing that, at least in this one aspect, she is like everyone else in class. That boost of self-confidence does wonders for a child who is otherwise feeling out of place, vulnerable, or nervous about fitting in.
You can support the project in three ways:
3. Sharing this campaign with your friends and family so that they, too, can get involved.
4. Praying for the continued success of this project, and that the recipients get the intended benefit!
This year, we are supporting 1,250 children through the following organizations:
- LACY (Legal Advocates for Children and Youth)
- CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates)
- Next Door Solutions to Domestic Violence
- Rahima Foundation
- Humanitarian Dignity Day of Oakland
- Alameda County Social Services
- Gardner Katie A. Program
- Amaan Foundation